Well, it would've been had I not slept through most of it.
Today went like this, I woke up pretty late (around 1 this afternoon) feeling terrible and decided to grab some food. I made some noodles (bacon supernoodles!) I happily ate them and was told that Brother's friend would be over soon (soon meaning right at that moment) so begrudgingly I went back upstairs. I was feeling well enough to entertain a guest, plus I wanted a relaxed day. Basically, Pyjama Day was thwarted before it had begun...
I was upstairs for 5 minutes and IBS kicks in, I can tell it's not going to be a good day, generally if it acts up after I've eaten something, that's it for the rest of the day... I won't go into any more detail than that...
After getting some temporary relief from IBS, I go to bed then to sleep. I wake up at around 6:30 and think "hmm, maybe I should have dinner" I contemplate texting mum and asking her to bring something up for me, but I decided against it. I ventured down to see what was happening (and to see if Brother's friend was still about) and asked for some dinner.
Served myself some paella that mum had made earlier, heated it in the microwave and proceeded to go and eat it. It was pretty good, I finished and mum offered to take my tray back to the kitchen for me. Chocolat was on tv, so I hung about and watched it. I grabbed a cola sun lolly from the freezer and ate it while the film was on, getting ready to settle for the evening and watch tv downstairs.
Once the sun lolly was finished I decided on getting another one (they're cold and tasty, what can I say?) so I grabbed one and headed to the kitchen to cut it open. Upon returning to the living room, Brother's friend is there, sitting in my seat :( Rather awkwardly, I have to stand and eat my sun lolly, in my pyjamas, feeling ill in front of Brother's friend. Not happy.
I finished the sun lolly and decided that I should just go back to bed, seeing as the 6th member of the family was looking rather comfortable in my chair. I ran myself a bath (made it too hot and too full as always) I found some lavender and patchouli bath soak stuff and put some of that in (screw top jars/bottles/etc are becoming such a pain for my aching hands...)
I tried to relax, but it was just one of those days, that water was too hot, then too cold, then I ran out of hot water. Plus, the water wasn't taking away my aching, or the pain of the various pulled muscles I have...
I finished my bath and saw that it was about 9:35, I peer out of Brother's bedroom window to see if his friend's car was still there (it was) so I mooch back to my bedroom again and decide to write a blog post about my rather unfulfilling day. IBS kicked in, yet again, and so all of this was written on the go, on the iPad. I don't know if Brother's friend is still here or not, but I'm going to bed.
I hate days where I am a pile of pain and fail, especially when my skin aches and my stomach doesn't want to accept food. I feel like a skin sack full of bones and dying organs, not like a person at all... I also hate it when I'm not allowed to live (read: mooch about) in my own home, on a Sunday...
No comments:
Post a Comment