This year is the 5th year that Myriam and I have been together, I think it's amazing how well things have gone and how we have managed to stick together all this time. Hopefully the next 5 years will be just as good, if not better! I'm thankful to her for all the crap she puts up with and for her being there in general. She might be miles and miles and miles away (I think last count was 3600+), but we're always together in some way or another. I bought her a small diamond ring and she bought me a chococat plush (which I adore to the point of photoshopping a new picture for twitter) and a new bracelet, which I will probably never take off.
Some good news! I've lost a trouser size and a belt size, which is fantastic, hopefully I can lose like a million more sizes! (well, another 2 would be nice!) I've also got my cineworld unlimited pass card, so I can go to the cinema whenever I want for free, which is good because there's a lot of movies coming out soon that I want to see! Sadly though, I've hurt my ribs again. I've sprung one of them so that it's partially overlapping the one above it and it feels like the ones above have all pushed upwards, which has pushed my shoulder up and is causing my back to hurt like hell. I've also not been sleeping properly and waking up at stupid times (like today, I woke up at almost 3:30pm!!) This is seriously hampering my day as I want to try and get stuff done, this is frustrating me to no end.
I've been reading Under the Dome by Stephen King, which is possibly one of the best books I have read (and longest at 1081 pages...) I suggest everyone should read it as soon as possible as it deals with the horrors of human nature and dystopia more than actual paranormal horror! I have quite a few books to get through at the moment, I have The Sadako Trilogy by Koji Suzuki to get through (that's 'Ring', 'Spiral' and 'Loop' - what the infamous japanese horror film The Ring was based on. As far as I know, there's a 4th book too, but I think that's an accompaniment rather than an actual 4th book.) I also have the Hobbit to finish and Lord of the Rings to finally read. I also have a few more books I want to get read too, such as James Reese's Herculine Trilogy and Stephen King's The Stand. As always though, I'm open to more requests as to what I should read! As long as they're on the iBooks Store (and don't cost ridiculous amounts of money), I'll read them.
I've finished the main story of DragonQuest IX and I absolutely loved it. It was really clichéd and didn't take itself very seriously, but that's what I love about it. It's such a lighthearted game that I can pour unaccountable hours into and enjoy. Sadly now I've got to the point where I need to wait for the weekly quests to be released over the Nintendo Wifi thing, otherwise I have nothing to do except try to solo treasure grottos (which isn't that fun unless you're co-oping it). Is it sad that I want a 40+ hour game to be longer? I want more of it, and hopefully the weekly story quests will give me that! Amazing really, that one of my favourite games is on the DS. I just wish that there was another save slot so I could start another character!
My old Macbook Pro died the other week. It was on it's way out, but it died pretty catastrophically in the end. Dad tried to repair it like he does xbox 360s (with his solder reflow station) but no luck, it's truly dead. What I might do is strip it down and sell the parts on ebay (the parts that work, anyway) I have some ram, the screen, keyboard, etc that can all go on, as the death is solely the logicboard which I could also sell 'sold as seen' as someone might be able to use the processor off it or something. Sad to see the machine go, but it is approaching 5 years old and it lasted well (aside from being crushed on a return flight from the USA!) but hopefully it'll let some other Macbooks live a little bit longer. Dad is also going to try and repair Harry's iMac which has been in it's box for ages now, hopefully it'll be an easier fix than my Macbook!
Other than that, there's not much to report. I'll be at Stanmore at the end of October and soon I'll be starting my Balance for Life swimming thing, both of which should be good as I'll hopefully lose a lot of weight through both of those. Well, next week I would like to see a couple of movies, possibly Karate Kid and whatever else looks good. I'm waiting for Scott Pilgrim, Expendables and The Last Airbender (I know it'll be rubbish) so I have a few to look forward to!
No comments:
Post a Comment